Faire Direct

Thursday, February 5, 2015

New SpeedPaint Video - Xena, Part One

Hey everyone, a few things...

For my next speedpaint video, I'm approaching it from a different angle. Portraits take me a long time - many, many, many hours. Usually if I convince my computer to record my screen, I have to speed up the video by 20x or even more. At that point people can't even really see what I'm doing - so it loses any use that it might have had to anyone curious to understand my process.

So! What I'm doing for my next speedpaint, Xena the Warrior Princess, is splitting it into parts. I'm recording whenever I paint, but I'm not stitching the videos together, I'm just speeding them up 8x and releasing whatever snippit I managed to get done. Please, let me know which way you all prefer and I'll certainly take that to heart.

I <3 Lucy Lawless. I grew up pretending I was Xena, and I loved her in BSG. I'm actually a bit surprised it's taken me so long to get to her. Will I eventually do a Gabrielle? Yeah, probably, even if it's just for me. :)

Without further adieu, here is Part One of Xena, the Warrior Princess. I hope you enjoy!





ALSO! I've designed a set of 12 Valentine's Day cards as a giant thank you to our Patrons for our first month on Patreon. You can get in on this too! Support our creations on Patreon (for as little as ONE dollar a month!) and get access to the full set, as well as all of our works in progress, high resolution files and downloads, and ALL KINDS of awesome things. Please pledge and help spread the word!

Also, Patrons, we've posted the Director's Cut for Morel page 3 on the stream as well, check it out!

Plus, for all you collector types out there, our patron-stream is the ONLY way you can get all 12 of the cards. Can you forgive yourself if you let such a fantastic bargain pass you by??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faire Direct

Bunnies! The Coloring Book coming soon!

 Coming soon!!! New coloring book - clock here to be notified on launch! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/indimartin/bunnies-the-colorin...